Greater Rome Bank takes personal savings to a new level by offering you greater control, security and satisfaction. Whether you have short-term goals or you are planning for your long-term financial future, you can relax knowing that your hard-earned investments are safe. Our financial strength allows us to offer the specific tools you need to reach your financial goals. Itís true, our mission is simply to help you live better.
- Greater Savings Account
- Greater Money Market Account
- Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
- Current Rates
With a minimum opening deposit of $100 a Greater Savings Account may be established. This account has tiered rates and will reward those customers who maintain higher balances.
- No monthly maintenance fee if you maintain an average monthly balance of $100 or more
- Monthly maintenance fee of $5.00 will be charged if the average monthly balance is not maintained*
- An excess debit fee of $5.00 will be charged for each withdrawal in excess of three (3) per month
- Interest will be compounded daily and credited to your account monthly
- Unlimited deposits
- See Current Rates for tiered interest rates
*The monthly maintenance fee is waived for minors (under the age of 18) and full-time students.
*Minimum opening deposit of $25.00 for minors (under the age of 18) and full-time students.
**Federal regulations limit third party or pre authorized transfers to six (6) per statement cycle.
A minimum opening deposit of $500 will open a Greater Money Market Account which earns a competitive rate of interest. Federal regulations limit third party or pre authorized transfers to six (6) per statement cycle. A fee of $10.00 will be charged for each withdrawal in excess of six (6) during a statement cycle.
- No monthly maintenance fee with a $500 minimum daily balance
- $12.00 monthly maintenance fee if applicable
- Interest will be compounded daily on collected balances of $500 or more
- Interest will be credited to your account monthly
- Tier I $500 to $ 9,999.99
- Tier II $10,000 and up
For longer term investments with higher yields, open a Certificate of Deposit for as little as $500 for a specific period of time. Rates vary according to the term selected, and you choose when interest is paid: monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or at maturity. Certificates of Deposit are subject to a penalty for early withdrawal.
- Terms range from one (1) month to forty-eight (48) months
- Competitive rate of interest
- Automatic certificate renewal
- Interest may be reinvested, deposited to another account or paid by check
The IRA is a convenient savings program that allows money to be set aside for retirement. Withdrawals from an IRA may be made without penalty after reaching age 59 ½. A substantial interest penalty, as required by law, is charged for early withdrawals from an IRA. Choose any of our IRA options from six months to 48 months with a minimum opening deposit of $500.